Penang, one of the most enchanted Islands in Malaysia, offers an amazing cultural mix of various cultures namely Chinese, Indian, Malay, and European. For a long term stay in Malaysia you won’t seek any other reason as long as the superb cultural background is there. This excellent blending of cultures resulted in winning the crown of UNESCO World Heritage City to Georgetown. Penang’s historical background makes it a worthy spot to visit beside its popularity for food and street art.
Let’s take a look how you can plan an unbeatable day out in Penang.
For a day trip throughout Penang, you have three options to choose from:
1. You can avail the public buses to save your expenses.
2. You may rent a bike or car. It will offer you a little bit more flexibility for roaming around the island. If you are planning to take up a self-drive, then have an understanding of the Malaysian traffic rules.
A small tip: Malaysians drive on the left side and you won’t find the roads as busy as China or other Asian countries. So driving will be easier.
3. Move freely wherever you like on a bicycle. For this, you need to have a good acknowledgement of the local areas.
Before jumping into the details, know about the things you can do and visit in this island.
1. Enjoy a boat ride in the remote tiny fishing villages at Penang
2. Explore the remote and serene beaches
3. Roam around the rice fields in central rural valley. This central valley at Penang, runs from north to south (about 15-20 km). This valley is perfectly flat and the entire road is beautifully decorated with the Malay-style wooden country houses. Most of them contain porches and are showing off architectural designs.
4. Pray at the Chinese Christian Church at the village of Balik Pulau in Penang. This is the only must visit spot in this village with an exterior of various architectural elements with written English and Chinese language.
5. Get some fresh fruits from the Tropical fruit farm. Here you can taste more than 250 types of tropical as well as sub-tropical fruits. These delicious fruits will not only titillate the taste buds, they are enriched with minerals and natural vitamins.
6. If you are interested in enjoying a colorful view of innumerable butterflies, pay a visit to the Butterfly sanctuary. With an area of eight-hectare, the butterfly sanctuary is home to various species of butterflies along with other insects. This farm is located between the Taman Rimba Park and Teluk Bahang village, at the foothills of Teluk Bahang. You will come across more than 4,000 butterflies from 120 species. different insects and reptiles.
Stay in Malaysia is a great option to spent your vacation fruitfully. If you are planning for a day out then Penang will be a lifetime experience for you.